Wednesday, October 04, 2006
Fair Time!!!
It's fair time again. I can't believe that it's that time of year already, but here we are. We've got art work drawn and mounted on construction paper, photographs mounted on photo board, clay sculptures made, apples dried and bagged, a cake baked and in the freezer ready to decorate, and today is the big baking day. The kids get out early on Wednesdays so today we have 2 hours before I have rehearsal to bake. Chocolate chip cookies, cakes, and cinnamon rolls are on the menu. My big kids all have to do it on their own, which is an adventure, and the little girls needs my help. I'm sure the kitchen will be a disaster, but hopefully the baked goods will turn out. Then we "patiently" wait until Thursday night to go to the fair and check for ribbons. As the mom I just hope they each get a least one good ribbon. There's nothing worse than having one child get nothing while everyone else places. So, off I go to the store to get red food coloring for the cake (which is being decorated like the AZ state flag) and 6 inch plates to put the cookies on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
One of these years, instead of going hunting, I'm coming to AZ in October so I can return to the Graham County Fair. I haven't been there in at least 35 years - d'ya think it's changed? Good luck to all of your children - i hope the ribbon fairy is kind to each of them.
We would love to have you here. It probably hasn't changed a whole lot, other than, there aren't as many exhibits as there used to be.
Post a Comment