Summer has been full - full of family acitivities and craziness. I have enjoyed all of the time with my kids, yet I am ready to the schedule of school. Today I have been cleaning and cleaning, trying to get myself organized again. Seems like I haven't had time at all - it's been from one big activity or trip to another. I've enjoyed it all, but I'm ready to settle down a little now.
This past weekend we were able to go camping. We left on Thursday and came home on Sat. I'll post some pictures later. The weather was beautiful and we had a good time. We went up on the Grahams to Treasure Park. We went hiking, and the kids and LaMont spent time swinging on a rope from a tall pine tree. They all came home with sore muscles and sore hands. We saw lizards, deer, turkeys, and snakes. Thank goodness no skunks or bear. It's been too long since we have been camping, and I realized how much I missed it. I love the quiet of the forest, relaxing with nothing to do, no phones or TV, just hanging out and having fun.
A few weeks ago we were able to go to Mesa for a couple of days for a small vacation. We stayed at a hotel which for the kids is a vacation in itself. We spent time at the pool the first night. We went to the AZ Science Center. It was very interesting. Everyone found something they enjoyed and we spent the whole day there. We took the kids to the Rainforest Cafe for dinner - a big splurg which we never do. We went school shopping and were able to finish it all - yeah!!! The last day we went to the temple - a great way to finish the trip and kick off of the end of summer.
LaMont and I got away for a few days to celebrate our 24 anniversary - something we haven't done for a few years. It was so nice to spend time together with no kids around.
In June our stake had a Youth Handcart Trek that I was one of the leaders for - it was an amazing experience. Two of my kids were able to participate in it. We went for 3 days. The spirit was so strong and many wonderful things happened. With that and Girls camp which was also an amazing spiritual week it's been a great summer for big spiritual experiences.
There has been so much that summer has gone by fast, only 2 more weeks until school starts. I will have 2 in High School - I'm not ready for that, but it will happen before I know it - ready or not.
No comments:
Post a Comment