Monday, June 20, 2011

God Opens Windows


I love windows.  I love having the light come through into my home.  In my living room we have a large window, it seems to be the focal point of the room and something that new people in our home always notice, it was one of the first things I feel in love with when we found our home.  I love the way that I can sit there and look out and see my entire back yard, see the birds, the flowers, the trees.  It's the next best thing to being outside.  Gilbert loved the window when he was here, he would just stand there and look outside.  I would not like being inside of a room with no windows, not being able to see outside, not having any light from outside.  I don't even like to have the curtains closed on my windows, I like them open.  I love light and the light that comes from open windows.

Windows are good to see what is going on in the world around us, to see the people in our lives when they are behind other walls where we cannot see, and to see what God has in store for us.  He never closes everything in our lives, he may close doors, but he opens windows; he provides for us the opportunities that are the best for us in our lives and in the eternal plan for us.  And if we look we will see the light that can come into our lives from the windows that God opens for us in our lives.

1 comment:

Painting Tips and Tricks said...

He looks adorable!