I think that homework was invented as a punishment for parents. I mean, I know that kids need to read and to study for tests. But I think that whoever made math pages with a side to do at school and a side to do at home were just after the parents. Maybe it's because we didn't do enough math as a child, or maybe as a payback for the evil thoughts we had about our math teachers in high school. Those of you without kids in school yet, be prepared for the homework blues.
2 comments:
You know the really sad thing is they come home in the first grade with homework, and you can't even understand it, Who ever thought of Phonics. Why must you code a word to read it, what is a breeve? I feel so stupid!!!
AH! Scary!
I think that they are trying to get parents more involved. I know in my area, many parents can't even read/write in English. So the homework sent home IS for them. It IS to teach the parents something.
Its too bad not all parents actually help their kids...
I think I am sort of looking forward to Rhayn's homework. We do workbooks all of the time now. She loves writing letters and counting and following instructions- she'll be sucha GREAT student!
Post a Comment