Wednesday, January 31, 2007

A small deed

On Sunday I was having my kids write Thank-yous for Christmas, a little late I know, but we were doing it anyway. Well, my little Min loves to write and so was thinking of other people she could write thank yous for. So, she thought of the Mail Carrier. She wanted to thank her for delivering Jason's letters. She wrote a thank you card and I attached a note explaining who it was for and we put it in the mailbox. Yesterday when we got the mail Min had a note from the Mail Carrier thanking her for the note and saying what a blessing it was to her to recieve the thank you note. I thought of what a good example that was for me, how just a small thank you can mean so much, and who knows how many other lives were touched that day because the mail carrier had her day brightened. So, lets go forward and brighten somenones day today.

3 comments:

tif-do said...

I definiatly think you set that example for her. Thank you for the small things you did to brighten my kids day. Love ya!

Briep said...

I always think of Thank you notes I could write but I never get them. I wanted to tell you thank you for being a great example for me of what a mother is. I can look at my mom, you, tif-do, and Aunt L and you all are so strong I hope to follow in all your footsteps and become a great mother.

Unknown said...

Set even more of an example at http://www.onesmalldeed.com