Wednesday, May 09, 2007

May already?!?

Wow, I didn't realize it's been so long since I wrote. It's been a crazy month. My last play for the season performed last weekend - BUGZ. It was a success. We actually even did a matinee performance for the Pima Schools on Thursday which was a new experience, but turned out well. Last night we had our awards party. We give out some best actor and actress awards and some fun awards, and then we had a slide show of pictures I had taken from the plays this year. It was fun, although I really don't like doing the best actor awards. I don't like having to choose someone and say they are the best. And then my son, who always does a really good job, can't ever get an award because I'm the director and that wouldn't be fair, so he always feels bad about that. I've never been into much competition anyway, and have a hard time with it, but I do enjoy giving out the fun awards, and the kids do get excited about who will win best actor.

I've had tons going on with my church calling. We had youth conference a couple of weekends ago, which was tons of work, but also was successful. The kids all had a really good time. We are getting ready for Girls Camp, which I'm in charge of the Stake Skit for. I should be working on that right now since I need to have it for the meeting tonight - but I'll get to it a little later.

We've had a strings concert, a piano recital, and a choir concert. Next week are school programs for 3 of my kids, and one more choir concert. Then a Kindergarten graduation and we're done for the year. My kids are ready for summer. I'm just ready for the break and to get them away from the influences of kids at school. I look at the things going on and the things my kids talk about other kids doing at school, and I just want to have them home for the summer and get them away from all of that for a few months.

We had a good Easter - a picnic with Darcey and their family on Sat., followed by coming home and having a water gun fight and coloring eggs.

Our garden is growing, the praying mantis's hatched out, but only 4 lived, the others all hatched and died. We finished our big project which was a new swing set for the kids. They all helped Mont to build it. It was fun, and they are having a blast on it.

I've had some things happen this month that have made me realize how important it is for us to stop and smell the roses, how important family is and how important it is to take time for ourselves. I'll blog about that later. For now I'll post a few pictures of our crazy month and get back to my crazy day.

No comments: