Thursday, June 14, 2007

Summer

Wow - summer is going and I'm running. I spent the first week at Girls Camp which was wonderful!!!! It was nice to spent time with my oldest daughter and have a break from the normal every day life. Also nice to spend time just sitting around and talking with other women. Yeah, for women bonding time. Spent last week catching up from Girls Camp and running to Dental, Orthodontist and Doctor appointments. We had two cavities filled, broken braces fixed, sports and scouts physicals, shots for 7th grade, and believe it or not - my cholesterol level is elevated and I am now on more medication - although I opted for the natural kind this time. That's all I needed was one more thing, the good thing was that the Lupus test they were running on me came back negative - good news!! I needed some.

I forgot how much work it is having kids around all day. So, I'm not getting things done like I planned, but keeping up with the necessities, and finding a little time here and there for other things. I am getting very tired from the constant do this and do that - stop this fight, find something that is lost, help with this or that, answer a million questions, encourage them to find something to do, help them do extra chores and yard work so that they accomplish something, encourage them to find something else to do, encourage them to clean up after themselves when they are done doing something, and on it goes. I love having them all home, just forgot how much it takes. I've decided it's a good thing we have little kids when we are younger and have more energy to chase them around all day. Although when they are bigger it's just a different kind of chasing.

I do love summer, though. I enjoy not having a schedule. Not having to worry about getting someone here or there at a certain time. We don't do anything unless we want to. I enjoy the lazy afternoons watching the kids swim. Picking vegetables from the garden, and helping my kids can them. Sitting down and watching a movie with the kids. Going for walks in the evening. That's what summer is, and I love it!!!

1 comment:

abeNanna said...

Girls camp is always one of the best parts of summer. Ours may not have been so much camping, but the spirit is so strong there in the forest that it was a great experience.