




Well, we had a fun Easter weekend. We started it off by going to the Easter Pageant in Mesa. It was a lot of fun, my kids all enjoyed it. I did realize how very rude people are though. We sat up on the hill so we could see since we didn't get there early enough for a good seat, and people kept walking in front of us, or they would just stand there so nobody behind them could see. It was really frustrating.
On Sat. we were able to go on a fun hike with my sister and her kids. We hiked about 4 miles, the weather was beautiful, the desert flowers were beautiful, and it was nice and relaxing. On our hike we found the "Horton" cactus - at least that's what we think it looks like. After the hike we went to the visitors center of the park we were at and the kids were able to see desert tortoises and snakes. Jazz loved the snakes of course.
On Sun. we had Easter dinner with my mother-in-law and my neice. Then we colored eggs, one which was left in the dye and forgotten about. When I cleaned up later in the evening it was a really dark red color. It was a nice day, and a nice weekend.
My mother-in-law was able to return to her home yesterday. She was happy to go home. She has been gone for a month - 2 weeks in the hospital and 2 weeks here. It was kind of weird to have her go back home. Despite the extra work we enjoyed having her here. My little Minnie said this morning - "Yesterday was a sad day". I asked her why and she said "Because Grandma went home." I learned a greater appreciation for my mother-in-law by serving her, and am glad that I had that opportunity.
1 comment:
Looks like you guys had a great Easter. I can understand your daughters sadness about grandma. Mine used to come and stay the winters with my parents. It was so nice to spend so much time with her. Those memories are cherished now that she is gone.
Post a Comment