Thursday, March 19, 2009

Humbled

This morning I feel so humbled. I have felt overwhelmed with things the past month or so, just everything in life piling up, and feeling inadaquate to do everything that I need to do. So, I have been a little whinny about it all. This morning I ran into a friend that I haven't talked with for a month. She has been going through some health problems for a long time, trying to figure them out. Anyway, they have gotten worse, and now she can't drive because of the fear of blacking out. She is a mother of 4, 2 still at home, and she can't drive anywhere. She has to walk home from work every day, and is dependent on others to take her to the store or anywhere else. She still doesn't know what is wrong and is going through tests after tests to find out. As I left from talking to her I realized how small my problems are. I started thinking about other people - a friend whose son is addicted to drugs, and she is spending all of her time helping him try and get out; a friend who has a torn rotary cuff and having to have surgery on it, she has 6 kids to care for, and one is a baby; a friend who has a disabled son who has been sick for 3 months now and in and out of the hospital so many times now I don't even remember how many. I realized how very blessed I really am, and that I need to be grateful for the blessings in my life. I know that my Heavenly Father loves me and that he helps all of us, sometimes through each other and the friendships we share.

No comments: