Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Weekend
















We had a wonderful weekend with Tif-do and her family. It is so fun having their family close enough for a day trip/visit. It was fun to just hang out and visit, let the kids play, and of course Tif-do had a great meal for us all. The kids loved breaking the pinata, even the "big" kids. All in all it was a fun day. But I have told that I would tell the other side of the story, so here goes.
With my kids I never know what is going to happen next. The boys all went for a bike ride in the afternoon. My 14 year old dare devil decided it would be fun to see how fast he could ride down a hill. Well, I guess that he realized that he may need to stop as he neared the bottom of the hill, so he hit the brakes. Not being his bike he wasn't familiar with the brakes and hit the front brakes instead of the back brakes. I'm sure you can guess what happened next - the bike stopped and he kept going. Apparently he landed and laughed, then got up and rode it again. It was time to head for home so they came back to the house laughing and joking about what happened. He was holding his arm some and said that his shoulder hurt. We iced him up, gave his Tylenol and headed for home. When we got home at 9:00 we looked at his shoulder and you could not see his coller bone - so he and Dad headed to the ER. A couple hours later he came home with a report of a broken coller bone and instructions to keep his arm in a sling and see the Dr. in a few days. He is not very happy about all of it, but taking it with stride. We're not sure how long he will be out, we'll find out for sure tomorrow when we see the Dr. for a follow up. This could be a long one. Honestly, though, for him I'm surprised this is the first broken bone and trip to the ER.
That was our weekend. Thanks Tiff for a great one - despite the broken bone, which could have happened anywhere, it was so fun to spend time with your family. Let's plan it again real soon.

2 comments:

tif-do said...

I like your springy background!

Joxer's Human said...

It amazes me how kids can break something and just get up and go about their day like nothing happened.. Hope he's not out too long..