Monday, October 31, 2011

Teenagers, Candy, Games & Carrots??


 On Friday my kids had a Halloween party.  I wasn't sure about it, this is the first time we have had a party with all of my teenage kids together with their friends. But they have some of the same friends now so I figured we would give it a shot. They planned some games and invited their friends.  As the mom I was nervous about no one showing up, and whether or not it would be fun, but almost everyone they invited came - in costume even which was very fun to see.
















  They played silly party games, including a "body parts hunt" in the back yard, "Bones", "Frankestein Stomp", and " Mummy wrap"
 They made Gingerbread Haunted Houses, which were then destroyed and tasted.

As the party wore on they decided to play "Don't Eat Pete" with the skittles from the candy bowl.  After playing for awhile they decided they were done with candy and went looking for something else.  They ended up cutting up carrots and playing with carrots and had tons of fun.

I decided that my kids have great friends and I am glad that we took the time and effort to have them all in our home.  We might have to make this one a tradition.

No comments: