Well, summer is upon us. Am I really ready, probably not. I love not having a schedule, and having more time to just relax. I don't always like the "I'm bored", or in the case of my kids the behavior problems that come when they are bored. We do work on some school work, and a lot of reading to keep them up with school for the next year. And in the summer I'm the mean mom that makes my kids do extra chores, as well as work outside every day. They are each going to have a garden spot this summer to take care of themselves. And I've got some ideas for helping my kids learn responsiblity, which is something we need to learn. Responsibility for ourselves, our stuff, and our actions.
We put up a pool yesterday. A above ground 4 foot deep pool. As I stood looking at all the chemicals at the store yesterday I almost thought "what did we do". But it will save driving to the pool, and I really dislike getting into a public pool myself. Too many people. And it will give my kids something physical to do every day. Yea, hopefully it will tire them out.
My 12 year old went off to Girls Camp this morning. She was so excited to go. I leave tomorrow to go up for the rest of the week. Leaving my boys and little girls to fend for themselvs. I'm sure they will all be fine. I am so looking forward to it. Although I have a mile long list to get through today.
Jason leaves in two weeks. Seems so unreal. We are excited to have him go, yet knowing that this is his big step away from home is really hard. I try not to think about it to much, and I'm sure it will hit me hard after he is gone. Seems like you have a baby and you think you'll have them forever. You go through all the different stages with them and it feels like that life will always be there. Having your kids grow up won't happen for so very long. But before you know it it happens, and you are moving on to another stage of your life. Saying Good-bye and letting your child grow up. Hopeing you have taught them everything you need to. Hopeing you have prepared them for all they will have to face. Hopeing you have loved them enough. And it is true wishing you had spent more time with them, hugged them more, talked more. So we go on, taking advantage of every moment together before he leaves. And remembering that I will be his mom forever, we are just at a different stage in life now. Ready or not here it comes!!
1 comment:
Your not a mean mom, Our chore chart is posted on the fridge. YEAH chores! I think the gardening idea is a great one. I wish our gardening season was longer. The weather is havoc on most veggies. They probably would have been alright this year because it's been so mild. Keep up the good work!
Post a Comment