Monday, February 05, 2007
6th Grade School Projects!!!
Can I say that I detest 6th grade school projects. My son had a math project, they were supposed to pick an object and make a larger one in proportion, using scale proportion. Well, he told me this two weeks ago, and I didn't write it down, so of course he forgot until tonight - of course it's due tomorrow and worth a major part of his grade. AHHHHHHH! Being late and tired, he was having a hard time getting it, which frustrates me because I feel so dumb sometimes anyway. I just don't remember all that stuff, or I'll understand it, but not know how to explain it, or how they learned it in school, or the exact formulas to use. Mont is no help because he is not a math person, and is at work tonight anyway. Well, the project is done after he finally remembered how the teacher told them to do it, then he took off. But needless to say it was a hour and a half of tension and frustration before that. YUCK!! I wish they didn't send projects like that home without instructions for the parents of what to do. Or maybe I'm the only parent who sometimes feels like I'm to dumb to even do 6th grade math.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I feel to dumb to do 2nd grade math.
Post a Comment